AHP Eviction Prevention and Move-In Assistance
Participants of the AHCCCS Housing Program (AHP) may apply for eviction prevention and/or move-in assistance if ALL of the following criteria are met, with service provider verification:
- The applicant is at risk of eviction and/or homelessness; AND
- The applicant is referred by their clinical team and has a designation of SMI or GMHSU
All monetary awards are one-time per program participant, per state fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
Recipients of AHP eviction prevention and/or move-in assistance can utilize funds for the following:
- Rental Arrears – AHP will pay up to two (2) months rental arrears, not to exceed $3,000
- Utility Arrears – AHP will pay up to two (2) months utility arrears, not to exceed $1,000
- Move-in Assistance – AHP will pay move-in costs, including required fees and deposits, security deposits, utility deposits, and first month’s rent, not to exceed $3,000.
Move-in assistance is only available to members who are NOT assisted in programs with funding for deposits and other move-in costs. Members who receive housing assistance from the following permanent housing assistance programs are INELIGIBLE for move-in assistance:
- Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) (including AHP, HUD CoC, Emergency Housing Vouchers, or other funding)
- Rapid Rehousing (RRH) (including HUD CoC, ESG, or other funding)
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
As the program funder, Arizona Behavioral Health Corporation (ABC) will accept all AHP eviction prevention applications as funding is available. Available funding is not guaranteed. An eviction prevention application must be completed by the applicant and their clinical team. Once completed, it may be submitted to email@example.com.
The following is a step-by-step guide to complete the application process:
- Complete the assistance application and attach required supporting documentation — See application for full list
- Email the application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOM will confirm receipt of application within one (1) business day and provide a decision or request additional documentation within two (2) business days of application receipt. If approved, funds will be issued no later than five (5) business days from receipt, provided all payment information is received and confirmed.
Click HERE to download the AHP Eviction Prevention Application or find it in HOM’s Forms Central.
Additional Community Resources
The Eviction Prevention and Move-In Assistance (EPMIA) funding is limited and goes quickly. Once we have disbursed the monthly allocation of funding, we will stop processing applications until the first of the next month. Check this dashboard to track spending totals: AHP Eviction Prevention Dashboard
Additional resources for these activities may be available from other community organizations and systems.
Please see below for links to these resources: