1 – Eligibility Criteria
Participants of the AHCCCS Housing Program (AHP) may apply for eviction prevention assistance if ALL of the following criteria are met, with service provider verification:
- 1. The applicant is at risk of eviction and/or homelessness; AND
- 2. The applicant is referred by their clinical team and has a designation of SMI or GMHSU
All monetary awards are one-time per program participant, per state fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
2 – Eligible Activities
Recipients of AHP eviction prevention can utilize funds for the following:
- Rental Arrears – AHP will pay up to two (2) months rental arrears, not to exceed $3,000
- Utility Arrears – AHP will pay up to two (2) months utility arrears, not to exceed $1,000
- Move-in Assistance – AHP will pay move-in costs, including required fees and deposits, security deposits, utility deposits, and first month’s rent, not to exceed $3,000.
Move-in assistance is only available to non-subsidized members. Members who receive housing assistance from any of the following permanent housing assistance programs are INELIGIBLE for move-in assistance:
- Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) (including AHP, HUD CoC, HCV, or other funding)
- Rapid Rehousing (RRH) (including HUD CoC, ESG, or other funding)
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) programs (including HUD-VASH, FUP, Mainstream, EHV, etc.)
- Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance
3 – Application Process
As the program funder, Arizona Behavioral Health Corporation (ABC) will accept all AHP eviction prevention applications as funding is available. Available funding is not guaranteed. An eviction prevention application must be completed by the applicant and their clinical team. Once completed, it may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a step-by-step guide to complete the application process:
1) Complete the assistance application and attach required supporting documentation — See application for full list
2) Email the application and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
3) HOM will confirm receipt of application within one (1) business day and provide a decision or request additional documentation within two (2) business days of application receipt. If approved, funds will be issued no later than five (5) business days from receipt, provided all payment information is received and confirmed.
Click HERE to download the AHP Eviction Prevention Application or find it in HOM’s Forms Central.