Our first and primary concern is the health and safety of those we serve, our team members and the community at large. We serve many people who are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness; including persons who are elderly, persons with disabilities and those with underlying medical conditions. As such, we are taking temporary measures in our housing program operations to reduce the risk of infection and community spread.
THE HOM OFFICE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
- HOM staff will continue to provide all essential services to clients, landlords, and partners via telephone and e-mail.
- HOM staff will be available electronically to ensure rental assistance payments are provided on behalf of our clients.
- We will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public, including necessary inspections and paperwork to allow clients to move into a home.
Briefings and Recertifications
- Temporary suspension of in-person interim and annual recertification appointments. Annual recertification appointments will be conducted by mail and phone.
- Program briefings for new program participants will be conducted remotely via video or teleconference in coordination with our supportive services partners.
- HOM Inspectors will continue to conduct Initial inspections of VACANT units for new move-ins and transfers.
- Annual inspections and home visits of OCCUPIED units are suspended until further notice.
This situation remains fluid with added information being released by health care professionals and public officials daily. We will update our response and communicate with you as changes occur. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this unprecedented time.
Please stay safe and healthy!