At the time of your initial orientation to the program, you will be provided with access to Padmission, our online housing search platform. Padmission is where you can locate affordable and available housing units and landlords that work with our housing programs. Padmission allows you to:
- Search for units by city, size, rent, utilities, housing programs accepted, and more
- See photos of properties and detailed property profiles
- Contact landlords directly for viewing and application steps
You must complete the landlord’s application and meet the tenant eligibility criteria of the landlord. You are also free to use any other available resources in your housing search. Useful resources include rental publications, rental locating services, classifieds, and the apartment search platforms on the internet. Things you should consider in your search may include:
- Amount of the rent being charged by the landlord
- Will you be responsible for payment of utilities, or will the landlord provide them?
- Location in terms of proximity to shopping, public transportation routes, doctors’
- offices, pharmacies, family, schools, and other support structures in the community
- Upkeep of the community, including grounds maintenance and landscaping, lighting and security
You will have 60 days from the date of your initial orientation to secure housing. If you are not successful in securing housing within 60 days, you may request an extension in writing. The extension request form is available on Forms Central.