HOM Introduces Threshold
Without enough housing, not everyone has a place to live. Property owners and managers literally have the keys to end homelessness, but those keys are in short supply right now. With rents and vacancies at historic levels, it is much more difficult for people to secure safe and affordable housing in our communities. That includes the individuals and families in our housing programs.
We have worked hard over 28 years to develop an extensive network of property owners and managers to participate in our housing programs. We strive to operate the programs as efficiently as possible and to understand landlords’ perspectives so that we can meet their business needs. Still, we needed a boost to these efforts and have received significant new funding and resources to build our team and create new incentives and resources for property owners and managers who agree to rent to the most vulnerable people in our community.
In partnership with Maricopa County, HOM, Inc., has launched a new tool in the fight to end homelessness. Threshold is Maricopa County’s first-ever centralized network of resources and support for property owners and managers who seek to operate profitable, well-maintained properties while providing safe and stable homes for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
Threshold is designed by and for property owners and managers, offering a full slate of incentives and services to further strengthen the HOM, Inc., housing programs to meet their specific needs.
These solutions include:
- Financial incentives, including signing bonuses at 1.5 times the monthly rent for owners and managers who agree to participate in homeless housing programs and remove or reduce barriers to tenancy.
- Assurance that rental assistance will be paid on time and in full.
- A dedicated support team and 24-hour hotline for property owners and managers.
- A property owner and manager advisory council co-led by the Arizona Multihousing Association to meaningfully engage and seek input from their members.
- Easy-to-use and free technology for listing and leasing properties.
- Risk mitigation funding of up to 3 times the monthly rent for damages and another month’s rent for any vacancy loss.
These benefits and resources enhance and strengthen the HOM, Inc., housing programs and make them work even better for landlords.
The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors approved $5 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for the next three years and has committed to making Threshold permanent with general funds in subsequent years.
By supporting and collaborating with property owners and managers, Threshold enables you to be active partners in building safer, healthier, and stronger communities where everyone has a home. We are grateful for your participation and support and look forward to bringing these new benefits your way in our efforts to end homelessness and housing instability in Arizona.
To discuss Threshold in more detail, contact us on the Threshold website.
Leave A Comment