Never before has the importance of safe and stable housing as a platform for health and well-being been more clear. While we are taking temporary measures to protect the health and safety of those we serve, our own team members and the community at large, please know that we are still working and remain steadfast in our commitment to help people secure and maintain housing in our programs.
- As of Monday, March 23, 2020, our physical office will be closed to outside visitors.
- Our team is working on-site and remotely and we are focused on essential services; including helping new participants move into housing and ensuring timely and proper payments for landlords.
Please check our web site home page for updates to our office and housing program operations.
Information for Our Participants
We are here for you. We know this situation is challenging, that people are scared and that there is a lot of uncertainty. Following are some reminders and things to do and consider.
- Pay your rent. If you have a portion of rent to pay, be sure to pay it. There is a lot of bad information out there about a national moratorium on evictions. You need to pay your rent!
- If you have a change in your income because of reduced hours or wages or job loss, submit that change to your Housing Specialist via phone or email. You can use this form to report the change too.
- Use the HOM Team Page for contact information for all team members.
- Email is the best way to reach us. Be patient for returned calls – we have lots of calls coming in and voice mails to return. We will get to you.
- We have temporarily suspended in-person recertification appointments.
- We have temporarily suspended annual inspections.
- Now is not the time to move to another unit.
- Remember to focus on what you can control; including your kindness and grace. Let go of what you cannot control.
- We are going to get through this.
Information for Landlords
We need you now more than ever. Please consider some of the following:
- We are making housing assistance payments as usual. We’re sending direct deposits and checks every day. The April rents will be to you on time as always.
- We’re still helping people get into housing. People cannot effectively practice social distancing or self isolate in emergency shelters or on the streets! Work with us to lease up your units.
- Call us about your vacancies
- Add your properties and available units to Padmission
- We have funds for application fees, security deposits and related move-in costs
- Use the HOM Team Page for contact information for all team members. Email is the best way to reach us. Be patient for returned calls – we have lots of calls coming in and voice mails to return. We will get to you.
- Now is not the time to evict anyone. We’re grateful to the Arizona Multihousing Association for their leadership and guidance to their members encouraging owners and managers to work with residents at this time. Let’s keep people in housing together.
- Work with us, as you always have, on acceptance of payments via ACH and check. We don’t have debit cards or PayPal accounts for the housing assistance we administer to use on landlord payment portals.
Case Managers and Service Providers
We are grateful for your partnership and support. You are rock stars. Let’s communicate, collaborate and cooperate like never before to support those we serve. Let us know what you need and how we can help. We are leaning into flexibility, innovation and figuring things out as we go. We’ll do what we can to help you and our mutual clients.
Information for the General Public
We know that many subscribers to our newsletter are not participants in our programs, and may be in need of housing assistance themselves. Please understand that we do not accept applications for housing directly at HOM. More information about accessing our housing programs and other assistance in the community is available on our web site. Some additional resources are below:
We believe individuals, families and communities are safer, healthier and stronger when everyone has a home. Let’s work together to ensure the promise and safety of home is a reality for everyone.